Sunday, June 11, 2006

TV-Free Weekend

On Friday one of my children told me that the TV wasn't working. Unfortunately the TV or electricity going out for a while around here is not all that uncommon. You see, I live is a tourist area, and on the weekends the parting starts-which means all too often a car will knock-out a telephone pole (kind-of sad, don't you think?) Hence, no electricity or cable. So, when the TV and DSL computers went out on a Friday night I didn't call the cable company, figuring that everything will be fine in a few hours.

By Saturday morning the cable was still out, but we had a parade and Founders Day celebration to go to, so I didn't call the cable company. By Saturday night my kids were mad at me--for a while. Then we got creative. Instead of everyone going off to there own room to watch their favorite shows we ended up hanging-out together playing cards and talking- it was a fun night.

So, when will I call the cable company for repairs? Whenever- I am not in any hurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home