Friday, November 03, 2006

Chapter 2 SIX MONTHS LATER…Cont...

I promised Mark that I would make an appointment…as soon as things slowed down. You see, Ronni was turning ten, and she wanted a sleepover birthday party. There is a lot of work in planning a sleepover party. You have to make the guest list, buy the innovations, matching cups, napkins and plates. Then you have to plan a craft, organize games and put together loot bags. The trick is to plan enough activities to keep six ten-year-olds occupied from 6:00pm to 10:00am the next morning since sleeping itself rarely occurs at these parties.
The day came for the party and the guest arrived with the expatiation of a fun evening, but the sleepover quickly turned into a disaster. Two of the girls tried to take control of the party. They disrupted all the games that I planed; they pick fights and made some of the girls' cry including Ronni,
"Sob, sob, Hanna and Heidi are teasing me, they say my horse looks funny." I looked at the craft that Ronni had made and I had to admit that it didn't look much like a horse. My daughter is a very talented child, but arts and crafts are not her strong point.
"Your horse looks…original." I told her. And the party went on. At midnight I
told the girls to go to sleep. Every one complied, except Hanna and Heidi, and it took
a threat of calling their mothers to get them to settle down. The next morning things didn't improve; there were a few more fights before the girls left 10:00am.
-
Next there was our family birthday party for Ronni, not to mention, buying her birthday gifts. Oh, yea, I had to help her write all those thank you cards too. I also had to get a card and gift to mail to my nice. Then we had to pick out and write Valentine cards for Ronni and Lea to give to all their classmates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home